Spreading Kindness in Solutions
Students from Project Choice worked together to create an advent calendar for their peers.
Titled “The 25 Days of Kindness”, the calendar encourages you to do one selfless act each day in order to spread Christmas cheer and promote Solutions’ peer support agenda.
The activity enabled students to practice empathy when discussing those less fortunate than themselves, and reflect upon their relationships with friends and members of the family.
If you would like to take part, our calendar is below…
The 25 Days of Kindness
- Bake sweet treats for your teachers
- Buy Christmas pyjamas for you and a friend
- Pay someone a compliment
- Donate your old clothes or items to a charity shop
- Send Christmas cards to your friends and family
- Help someone carry their groceries
- Volunteer for a charity or soup kitchen
- Be a Secret Santa (leave a present for someone without saying your name)
- Pay for someone’s lunch or takeaway
- Hoover the house or do the dishes
- Offer hats, scarves and gloves to the homeless
- Watch a Christmas film with someone
- Make someone a hot chocolate with cream and sprinkles
- Have a day out with your friends or family (wrap up warm!)
- Create your own Christmas crackers with jokes and a positive message inside
- Donate items to the local foodbank
- Make someone laugh (tell them a joke)
- Buy a homeless person a hot drink in a reusable cup
- If someone is going to be alone on Christmas Day, invite them for a drink or dinner (with permission)
- Shovel the ice and snow in your street
- Handshake, high 5 or hug day
- Build a snowman or snow-woman
- Make a Christmas stocking for a family member
- Say “happy holidays!” or “Merry Christmas!” to a neighbour
- Take care of yourself: eat something delicious and stay cosy!